Events | Cooking Classes | Wine Education
Check out our monthly specials right here in this month's edition of "Just Picked":
- March 2015 "Just Picked" monthly flyer
Fruit Center Happenings
Due to renovations at our second floor restaurant, cooking classes will resume mid-2015 .
WINE AND BEER EVENTS
Wine Dinner @ Tavolo
FEATURING WINES FROM THE FRUIT CENTER
Tuesday, March 3
6:30p.m. to 8:30p.m.
1918 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester
Fee: $55, includes a $10 Fruit Center gift card
On March 3, we'll be teaming up with our friends at Tavolo in Dorchester, for a five-course wine dinner. Chef Alex Horowitz has created a five-course menu, and the Fruit Center's wine buyer Tim Paulus has paired some fantastic wines to each dish. Tim will be at Tavolo during the event to discuss each wine pairing.
ON THE MENU:
- Course 1: Tuna Crudo Calabrian chili oil, fennel, lime, pickled chili, foccacia crostini served with Montinore Pinot Gris
- Course 2: House Made Cotecchino Sausage berry mostarda, Italian lentils served with San Felice Chianti Classico
- Course 3: Braised Veal Breast potato-ricotta ravioli, cippolini marmalade served with Chateau de Capitans Julienas Beaujolais
- Course 4: Cheese Course mItalian artisinal, accoutrements
- Course 5: Lavender Panna Cotta toasted hazelnuts, vanilla-kumquat compote served with Dell A'cquese Moscato d'Asti
- Menu and wine pairings are subject to change
To make reservations, please call Tavolo at 617-822-1918.
From time to time, we have the opportunity to partner with some of our wine maker friends to create a full wine dinner event. Our wine buyer and accomplished chef, Tim Paulus, creates a menu to perfectly pair with each wine maker's wines. Over the past few years we've had the pleasure of hosting Clay Fritz from Fritz Winery, Sean Minor from Sean Minor Wines, David Whiting from Red Newt Cellars and Peter Stolpman from Stolpman Vineyards. Check out these wine dinner menus from past events:
All classes are held at Marketplace Cafe, our restaurant on the second floor of the Milton Marketplace.
- Cancellation policy: Class preparations are based on the total number of attendees. Also, due to limited seating, classes frequently sell out. Should you need to cancel your reservation, please contact us 48 hours before the event, otherwise your credit card will be charged.
Sponsored by the Fruit Center Marketplace
Milton resident Connie Spiros welcomes guest chefs from Milton into the
kitchen to share their favorite recipes.
Shown weekly on Milton Cable TV channel 8, Mondays at 7:30pm and Tuesdays at 9pm.
» Download Show One recipes (Stuffed Shell's)
» Download Show Two recipes (Artichoke Nibbles, Berry Buckle)
» Download Show Three recipes (Roasted Red Pepper Compote; Radish, Goat Cheese and Watercress Sandwiches; English Trifle)
» Download Show Four recipes (Pecan Rolls (Sticky Buns))
» Download Show Five recipes (Bobotie)
» Download Show Six recipes ("A Lighter Fare" Beef Stew and Baby Spinach & Cherry Tomato Quiche)
» Download Show Seven recipes (Fruita di Mare over Linguine)
» Download Show Eight recipes (Gluten-free Baking)
» Download Show Nine recipes (Stuffed Zucchini Canoes, Marinated Red Potatoes, Sautéed Tomatoes and Artichokes)
» Download Show Ten recipes (Ashmont Grill Squash Soup, Ashmont Grill Mixed Bitter Greens w/Apples and Blue Cheese)
» Download Show Eleven recipes (Low-carb Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries)
» Download Show Nineteen recipes (Muffuletta)
» Download Show Twenty recipes (Grilled Pizzas)
» Download Show Twenty One recipes (Pork Medallions Piccata, Panzanella, Blueberry Sauce)