Every year, the Fruit Center supports over 140 local organizations through charitable contributions and donations.
How can we help you? Download our Donation Request form and drop it off at one of our stores 30-days prior to any deadline.
- Here’s a look at the local groups and organizations we supported in 2019.
- Learn about our yearly School Fundraising Program
Improving Our Environment
Here are just a few examples of what we’re doing to improve our environment:
- The COVID-related ban on reusable bags has been lifted, so please remember to bring your reusable bags. If you need some we offer four styles of reusable shopping bags.
- Compostable salad containers are currently available at our salad bar.
- We stock many environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
- We’ve installed all LED lighting in our stores.
- All organic waste from all departments, including our flower department, is picked up at our stores by Black Earth Compost to be turned into compost.
- We installed energy-efficient motors in our refrigeration units.
- We have high-efficiency Save Energy systems for heating and cooling.
- Our waste disposal program includes recycling for all our paper, metal, glass and most plastic.
- We support local environmentally-conscious organizations such as Friends of the Blue Hills and The Friends of Holly Hill Farm. Our 2018 Earth Day fundraiser raised over $800 for these groups.
- Our buyers purchase local produce when available. Not only is local produce fresher, but it travels far fewer miles to our stores, reducing carbon emissions. Also, family-owned local farms have a deep connection to their land and environment, and take extra precautions to preserve and maintain their land.