Every year, the Fruit Center supports over 100 local organizations through charitable contributions and donations.
How can we help you? Fill out our Donation Request form. Be sure to contact us 30-days prior to any deadline.
Here’s a list of the local groups and organizations we supported in 2022.
Improving Our Environment
Here are just a few examples of what we’re doing to improve our environment:
- We installed solar panels at our Milton location, saving 25% on our electrical expenditures.
- All organic waste from all departments, including our flower department, is picked up at our stores by Black Earth Compost to be turned into compost.
- Milton and Hingham have banned the use of single-use plastic bags, so please remember to bring your reusable bags. If you need some we offer four styles of reusable shopping bags.
- We stock many environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
- We’ve installed all LED lighting in our stores.
- We installed energy-efficient motors in our refrigeration units.
- We have high-efficiency Save Energy systems for heating and cooling.
- Our buyers purchase local produce when available. Not only is local produce fresher, but it travels far fewer miles to our stores, reducing carbon emissions. Also, family-owned local farms have a deep connection to their land and environment, and take extra precautions to preserve and maintain their land.