Ingredients for the salad:
- ½ package Rustichella Farro, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 honeynut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- ¼ purple onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- ¼ block Coastal Cheddar, chopped into small chunks
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 ½ tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp. Honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions: Toss diced squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 375 until tender (about 12-15 minutes). Dress hot farro with vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Add roasted squash, chopped apple, nuts, onion and cheddar and toss together thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
This salad is terrific as a stand alone lunch or small meal, or make it dinner by pairing it with any protein of your choice. We love it with bone-in pork chops or roast chicken.