Seared Sausage with Marinated Tomatoes, Pesto and Farro
Seared Sausages with Marinated Tomatoes, Pesto and Farro
Easy, satisfying and fast weeknight dinner
- 1 package Italian sausages
- 1 package quick-cooking farro, prepared and set aside
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pesto, store bought or homemade
- 1-2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp, extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh mozzarella, burrata, or feta (optional)
- Prepare farro according to package instructions and season to taste with salt and pepper (farro can be served warm or room temperature for this recipe).
- Halve cherry tomatoes and dress with red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for the flavors to develop as you cook everything else.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium / medium-high heat and add remaining olive oil once pan is heated. Sear sausages on all sides until fully cooked through (internal temp. should be 160 degrees)
- Dollop a small amount of pesto on each plate, top with farro, marinated tomatoes and mozzarella or feta (if using). Serve sausage alongside.